In this guide, we will show you the steps to send and receive fax on Canon Pixma MX922. Canon MX922 is an all-in-one color printer with a scanner, copier, and fax. This printer beholds a slew of impressive feature sets which make it an easy choice for office and home works.
The likes of built-in WiFi, AirPrint, integrated 35-sheet Duplex Auto Document Feeder, Built-in Ethernet, high-resolution photo printing with 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi, and 5-Individual Ink systems make this printer one of the best in this domain and price range.
In addition to all these features, the Canon Pixma MX922 printer has the ability to send and receive faxes. Though it may seem that fax is a completely extinct technology, however, on the contrary, there are still many industries and organizations that rely on fax machines and there are still over a dozen billion documents that get transferred through fax every year.
Send a Fax with your printer
You can send single or multiple faxes directly from the printer display. Follow the steps below to learn how to connect and configure your PIXMA MX922 to use the fax machine functions.
- First of all, make sure your printer is turned on and you have connected the printer/fax to a telephone jack with the supplied cable.
- First-timers need to set up the fax functions in PIXMA MX922.
- After you’ve completed the initial setup, press the FAX button on the printer.
- If you want to send multiple pages, open the ADF document tray and place the documents into the ADF with the side to scan facing up as shown in the image below. (Note: If your document is two-sided or too thick to slide through the ADF then use the glass scanning surface. Because double-sided documents cannot be automatically scanned and sent from the ADF.)
- Use the dial-pad to enter the fax number.
- To send the color fax, press the Color button otherwise press the Black button. (Note: For color transmission recipient’s fax machine must support color.)
- That’s it. Now your printer will start sending the fax.
Image Credits: Canon
How to send a Fax from a computer
Before sending any fax, you have to have the proper software installed on your PC. This is why when you buy Canon Pixma MX922, it ships with a disk that contains the drivers and software packages that are required to connect the printer with your PC and for faxing documents from your computer. However, if you lost the disk or your PC doesn’t have a DVD drive then you can head over to the official Canon website and get the required software and drivers.
- First of all, make sure you have installed the printer fax driver for your Canon MX922. You can download and install it from Canon’s website.
- Now, open the document you want to fax, then choose “File” > “Print“.
- When the print window appears, select the “Canon MX920 series FAX” option, then choose “Print“.
- Enter the recipient information in the “Direct Entry” area or choose “Display Address Book…” to send to a saved recipient.
- Finally, click the “Send Now” button, and the fax will be sent.
How to receive a Fax
The following section describes the preparation necessary for receiving a fax and how to receive a fax.
- Make sure that the device is turned on and that paper is loaded in the print tray.
- Then Press the FAX button to make sure the fax standby screen is being displayed.
- Now set the receive mode. To do so, press the center Function button > Use the ▲▼ button to select the receive mode > press the OK button.
That’s all you need to know about sending and receiving fax on Canon Pixma MX922. And on that note, we round off this guide. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.