In this guide, we will show you the steps to scan documents or photos with Canon PIXMA MX992. Canon MX922 is an all-in-one wireless printer with a scanner, copier, and fax. This printer beholds a slew of impressive feature sets which make it an easy choice for office and home works.
The likes of built-in WiFi, AirPrint, integrated 35-sheet Duplex Auto Document Feeder, built-in Ethernet port, high-resolution photo printing with 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi, and 5-Individual Ink systems make this printer one of the best in this domain and price range.
In addition to these aforementioned features, the Canon Pixma MX922 printer has the ability to scan single or multiple documents. Thanks to the fully integrated 35-sheet Auto Document Feeder, the printer can deliver fast document scanning so you can do other things while your printer is at work. Moreover, you could save the scanned documents as PDF and attach them directly to an email.
Canon Pixma MX922: How to Scan
Before you start scanning, you have to have the proper software installed on your PC. When you buy Canon Pixma MX922, it comes with a disk that contains the drivers and software packages that are required to connect the printer with your PC and for scanning documents to your computer. However, if you lost the disk or your PC doesn’t have a DVD drive then you can head over to the official Canon website and get the required software and drivers. Confused about how to do so? We’ve got the steps for you ─ tag along.
- Make sure you have installed the software for your Canon MX922. You can download and install it from Canon’s website.
- It’ll automatically detect your operating system and give you the driver and software accordingly. However, check the “Operating System” field to ensure that the operating system detected is correct. If your Operating System (OS) does not display, please select from the drop-down list below, to access available drivers, software, firmware, and utilities.
- Finally, download the ‘Full Driver & Software Package’ and install it on your PC.
- Start IJ Scan Utility. Windows 8/8.1/10/11 users: search for “IJ Scan Utility” and open the tool. Windows 7/ Windows XP: from the Start menu, select All Programs > Canon Utilities > IJ Scan Utility > IJ Scan Utility. Mac users go to the Go menu of Finder, select Applications, then double-click the Canon Utilities folder > IJ Scan Utility > Canon IJ Scan Utility icon to start the IJ Scan Utility.
- Now make sure your printer is turned on.
- Place document or photo on the platen glass or in the ADF. (Note: To scan two or more sheets of documents of the same size and thickness load the documents in the ADF. Otherwise, to scan photos or documents or books at optimum quality, load it on the platen glass.)
- Upon opening the Canon IJ Scan Utility, you’ll see different scanning options as following
- Auto – Auto-detect documents on platen or document feeder and scan.
- Photo – Scan photos placed on the platen.
- Documents – Scan a document placed on the platen.
- Custom – Scan with settings configured under Settings…
- Stitch – Scan multiple pages and combine them together to make one image.
For most cases, you can scan by simply choosing the ‘Auto’ option, otherwise choose ‘Document’ to sharpen text in a document or magazine for better readability, or if you’re scanning photos then chose the ‘Photo’ option.
After the scan is completed, scanned images are automatically saved in the default folder which is either the Documents or My Documents folder on your PC. You can always change the folder as required.
On that note, we round off this guide on how to scan with Canon Pixma MX922 and save the documents to your computer. Lastly, if you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.