In this guide, we will show you how to scan documents on the Canon Pixma MX340 and save them to your Computer. Canon MX340 is a wireless all-in-one printer that has a slew of essential features, sufficient for small office or personal work. The built-in wireless connectivity lets you print or scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi-enabled computer around the range. Moreover, you can print items directly from your Android or iOS device with this printer.
The fully integrated 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder is a notable feature that delivers fast copying or scanning of your documents so you can do other things while your printer is at work. In addition to that, there are many other features like high-performance ink cartridges, auto scan mode, Bluetooth, and USB 2.0 support, which are all worthy of praise. However, in spite of all the goodies involved, there is one pivotal feature of this printer that seems to be not working properly for many users ─ Scanning.
As of now, various users have voiced their concern that they’re unable to scan with Canon Pixma MX340. Whenever they’re trying to scan either with the ADF, or glass it’s throwing a ‘Scan failed’ message. Some users are getting an alarm that ‘the document in the ADF’ and no matter what they do the stubborn alarm do not seem to be stopping. So, if you are also in the same boat, then this guide shall help you successfully scan on Canon Pixma MX340 without any hassles.
Canon Pixma MX340: Scan Documents
Before you perform any scanning, you have to have the proper software installed. Therefore, when you buy Canon Pixma MX340, it ships with a disk that contains the drivers and software packages that are required to connect the printer with your PC and for scanning documents to your computer. However, if you lost the disk or your PC doesn’t have a DVD drive then you can head over to the official Canon website and get the required software and drivers. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- First of all, ensure you have installed the software for your Canon MX340. You can download and install it from Canon’s website.
- Verify that the operating system detected in the “Operating System” field is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.
- From the red box, labeled as ‘Drivers’ download the ‘MX340 series MP Driver’ and install it on your PC.
- Once you have downloaded the ‘MX340 series MP Driver’ file from the website, please also download and install ‘MP Navigator’ from the ‘Softwares’ section of the webpage. MP Navigator allows you to scan, save and print photos and documents. You can also edit images, or attach images to e-mail using this application software.
- Once both the software and driver are installed, make sure that your scanner or printer is turned on.
- Now launch the MP Navigator software. For Windows: Select Start > Programs > Canon Utilities > MP Navigator EX > MP Navigator EX. For Mac: go to the Go menu of Finder, select Applications, then double-click the Canon Utilities > MP Navigator EX > MP Navigator EX icon to start the MP Navigator EX.
- Place document or photo on the platen glass or in the ADF. (Note: To scan two or more sheets of documents of the same size and thickness load the documents in the ADF. Otherwise, to scan photos or documents or books at optimum quality, load it on the platen glass.)
- From MP Navigator software select “Photos/Documents” or “Stack of Documents“. (If you want to scan a single document or photo at optimum quality, place the item on the glass panel and select “Photos/Documents”. Otherwise, if you want to scan a stack of documents then flip the plastic tray on top of the printer and place the stack of papers in the tray, and select “Stack of Documents“.
- Now, select the “Document Type” in the left pane, then finally click the “Scan” button to start the scanning process.
- Once the scan is completed, select “Save” to save the document(s) as a JPEG, or select “Save as PDF” to save it in PDF format.
On that note, we round off this guide. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.