In this guide, we will show you the steps to easily scan documents or photos on the Canon Pixma MG5220 and save them to your Computer. Canon MG5220 is a wireless inkjet photo all-in-one printer that has a list of impressive features. For example, the built-in wireless connectivity, Memory Cards / USB support, fast document printing, 2.4″ LCD display, high-resolution photo printing with 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi, and high-performance five Individual Ink tank systems make this printer one of the best in this domain and price range.
In addition to all these aforementioned features, the Canon Pixma MG5220 printer has the ability to scan documents to your computer. You can scan multiple or single documents or photos with this printer and save them to your PC, be it Windows or Mac. Moreover, you could save the scanned documents as PDF and attach them directly to an email or send the files to Evernote. And in this post, we’ll show you exactly how to perform a scan with the Canon Pixma MG5220 printer.
Canon Pixma MG5220: Scan Documents to Computer
Before you perform any scanning, you have to have the proper software installed. Therefore, when you buy Canon Pixma MG5220, it comes with a disk that contains the drivers and software packages that are required to connect the printer with your PC and for scanning documents to your computer. However, if you lost the disk or your PC doesn’t have a DVD drive then you can head over to the official Canon website and get the required software and drivers. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Ensure you have installed the software for your Canon MG5220. You can download and install it from Canon’s website.
- Verify that the operating system detected in the “Operating System” field is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.
- From the red box, labeled as ‘Drivers’ download the ‘MG5200 series MP Driver’ and install it on your PC.
- Once you have downloaded the ‘MG5200 series MP Driver’ file from the website, please also download and install ‘MP Navigator’ from the ‘Softwares’ section of the webpage. MP Navigator allows you to scan, save and print photos and documents. You can also edit images, or attach images to e-mail using this application software.
- Once both the software and driver are installed, make sure that your scanner or printer is turned on.
- Now start the MP Navigator software. For Windows: Select Start > Programs > Canon Utilities > MP Navigator EX > MP Navigator EX. For Mac: go to the Go menu of Finder, select Applications, then double-click the Canon Utilities > MP Navigator EX > MP Navigator EX icon to start the MP Navigator EX.
- Open the top of the scanner and place the document or photo on the platen glass. Chose your preferred scanning option from the screen and when ready press the Scan button to start the scanning process.
For most cases, you can scan by simply choosing the ‘Auto’ option, otherwise choose ‘Document’ to sharpen text in a document or magazine for better readability, or if you’re scanning photos then chose the ‘Photo’ option.
After the scan is completed, scanned images are automatically saved in the default folder which is normally the Documents or My Documents folder on your PC. Likewise, you can always change the folder as required.
That’s it. This is how you can scan with Canon MG5200 to your computer without any problems. We have listed the steps by step guide for the same. Do let us know whether you’ve successfully scanned your documents or not. Likewise, all your queries are welcomed in the comments section below.